I n f o
Ellie Tsatsou (b.1987, Athens Greece) is a photographer & interdisciplinary artist, whose work explores notions of home & intuition. She seeks to capture glimpses of peace, kindness, synchronicity & simplicity mainly through the use of digital & analogue photography, film, editing and writing. Her practice focuses on observation and presence, placing emphasis on relationships between human & nature while forming a quest to discover & manifest creative living through every day action.
Ellie draws references from the minimalism of her homeland’s philosophical cores & the Japanese concept of wabi-sabi. She has been mentored by photographers Nick Knight & Ryan McGinley. Having traveled in Europe, America, Africa, Asia & Australia and lived in 5 different cities, Ellie is based in London. Her first book, Alphabet, has been selected by The Photographers' Gallery Bookshop and is currently available in 13 locations around the world, including Paris, New York, Los Angeles, Greece and online.
Ellie has co-founded and currently co-edits Whitelight, an online curated platform on contemporary Greek photography. Launched in December 2015, it has since featured more than 100 Greek photographers within the non-narrative mise-en-scenes of its online pages, ‘Rooms’, bringing together an array of visual work that is refined and poetic. Whitelight has recently expanded into printed matter with book publishing projects & photographic prints via its new online store, ‘Editions’.
She is also the founder of HUG, launched with the HUG Gatherings in January 2016; HUG is a collaborative project between Tsatsou & fellow artist friends- an ongoing conversation on liberty, vision & the spiritual side of doing- expressed through writings, artist dates and artwork showcase.
R e c e n t F e a t u r e s
'as long as you want' in HuffPost Greece
Alphabet in Aint Bad
Interview to Naya Kostiani - HuffPost Greece
Interview to Yorgos Nastos - To Vima
Alphabet in Phases Magazine
Home Series in Define Magazine
Alphabet in The Greek Foundation
Alphabet in LIFO
R e c e n t E x h i b i t i o n s
- as long as you want - first solo show | May 11-31st | Gallery Iris | Athens, GR
- Whitelight Showcase | March 2-April 30th | SHED London | London, UK
- Haptic Methodologies | December 1-6th | Second Six Gallery, w/ artist Hannah Morgan | London, UK
- Heatwave | Artist Books: November 5th | Megaron Pantheon | Athens, GR
- In Grace | Artists in Residence: October 1-14th | Grace Art Foundation | Athens, GR
- Conversations | As A Body: January 29-31st | Present Collective at Protein Gallery | London, UK
- Le Projet Kairouan: December 5-31st | La Marsa, Palais El Abdellia | Tunisia, TN
- Le Projet Kairouan: November 7-29th | Centre de Présentation du Patrimoine de Kairouan | Tunisia, TN
C o n t a c t D e t a i l s
Available for commissioned work internationally.
For enquiries/bookings: contact (at) ellietsatsou.com
Based in London, UK
Join the seasonal: Mailing List
S e l e c t e d C l i e n t s
Everlane, Ssense, Showstudio, Julie Verhoeven, Conde Nast Publications, Valeria Napoleone, Sophia Kokosalaki, Villa Lena Art Foundation, Bellerby & Co. Globemakers, Time Inc., Aperse, Alfie Douglas, Michael Van Der Ham, Topman, CW Fields, In The Know Athens, Tomomi Egawa New York
Tailor-made PDF books sent upon request, please enquire.