C o n t a c t D e t a i l s
For enquiries/bookings: contact (at) ellietsatsou.com
Based in London, UK
Join the seasonal: Mailing List
Available for commissioned work internationally.
Tailor-made PDF portfolios sent upon request, please enquire.
I n f o
Ellie Tsatsou (b.1987, Athens Greece) is a photographer & interdisciplinary artist, whose work explores wonder, notions of home & intuition. She seeks to capture glimpses of peace, kindness, synchronicity & simplicity mainly through the use of digital & analogue photography, film, editing and writing. Her practice focuses on observation and presence, placing emphasis on relationships between human & nature while forming a quest to discover & manifest creative living through every day action.
Ellie has been mentored by photographers Nick Knight (London, 2011/12) & Ryan McGinley (New York, 2013/14), and her work draws references from the minimalism of her homeland’s philosophical cores & the Japanese concept of wabi-sabi. Having traveled in Europe, America, Africa, Asia & Australia and lived in 5 different cities, Ellie is based in London. Since 2015, she has exhibited in Greece, Tunisia and the United Kingdom and her photographs are part of private collections in Washington DC, New York, London, Athens and Paris. Her first book, Alphabet, has been selected by The Photographers' Gallery Bookshop and is currently available in 13 locations around the world, including 0fr. Paris, Spoonbill Booksellers New York, Arcana Los Angeles & Ianos Greece.
Ellie has co-founded Whitelight, a curated platform on contemporary Greek photography. Launched in December 2015, it has since featured more than a hundred Greek photographers within the non-narrative mise-en-scenes of its online channels, bringing together an array of visual work that is refined and poetic. In 2017, Whitelight expanded into the physical realm with a couple of groups shows in Greece & the United Kingdom, as well as into printed matter with book publishing projects & photographic prints via its new online store, ‘Editions’.
Ellie has also created and currently runs HUG, launched with a first Athenian gathering in January 2016; HUG is a collaborative project between Tsatsou & fellow artist friends- an ongoing conversation on liberty, vision, the mystical and spiritual of making art- expressed through offline meetings and writings.
S e l e c t e d F e a t u r e s
Moon Series & 'A Shade of Pale' in Hunger
'A Shade of Pale' in Yatzer
Moon Series in UAL
'Eye' in Lifo
'as long as you want' in HuffPost Greece
Alphabet in Aint Bad
Interview to Naya Kostiani - HuffPost Greece
Interview to Yorgos Nastos - To Vima
Alphabet in Phases Magazine
Alphabet in The Greek Foundation
Alphabet in Lifo
R e c e n t E x h i b i t i o n s
- Moon Series in 'A Shade of Pale' x The Store | Curated by Carrie Scott | May 16th- June 2nd | 180 Strand, London UK
- 'Marble Study' x On Entropy | September 16-24th | Brompton Design District | London, UK
- Whitelight Showcase | July 31st - August 3rd | Ionian Centre for the Arts & Culture | Kefalonia, GR
- Eye / solo show | July 21-30th | Gaitis Hall | Tinos, GR
- As long as you want / solo show | May 11-31st | Gallery Iris | Athens, GR
- Whitelight Showcase | March 2-April 30th | SHED London | London, UK
- Haptic Methodologies | December 1-6th | Second Six Gallery, w/ artist Hannah Morgan | London, UK
- Heatwave | Artist Books: November 5th | Megaron Pantheon | Athens, GR
- In Grace | Artists in Residence: October 1-14th | Grace Art Foundation | Athens, GR
- Conversations | As A Body: January 29-31st | Present Collective at Protein Gallery | London, UK
- Le Projet Kairouan: December 5-31st | La Marsa, Palais El Abdellia | Tunisia, TN
- Le Projet Kairouan: November 7-29th | Centre de Présentation du Patrimoine de Kairouan | Tunisia, TN